Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Metallurgical Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana Electric’s engineering team include:
- Supporting the engineering team dedicated to design of systems for extraction, shaping and purification of metals and metalloids.
- Lead the testing activities for metal purification processes in laboratory and industrial furnaces.
- Designing and testing of metal shaping systems such as casting, crystal growing, extrusion, etc.
- Coordination with external parties on the development of new furnace designs.
- CAD modelling of components and equipment.
- Collaborating with people of other disciplines for process design and optimization.
- Transferring experimental data and laboratory results to the upscaling of industrial systems.
- Master degree in Metallurgical/Materials Science or related fields.
- At least 3 years experience in furnace operations on metallurgical processes.
- Good knowledge of structural and physical properties of basic metals and alloys.
- Good knowledge of molten metal treatment for extraction and refining.
- Familiar with laboratory and in-field testing and knowledge of the basic safety regulation within working with high temperature systems and molten metals.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment and prototypes.
- Knowledge of sample analysis techniques (such as X-ray fluorescence, spectroscopy methods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), dedicated modelling and FEM simulation tools.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with metal manufacturing processes or technical issues.
- EU nationality, EU student visa or work permit for Luxembourg.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
If you are interested in the listed position, please apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.
If you have questions regarding other opportunities at Maana Electric, please send us your CV and questions to the same email address.