Space agencies and industries are more and more looking forward to colonize the Moon and other planets and potentially set there permanent outposts for scientific reasons or commercial exploitation. This will most likely require the development of specific technologies that can supply what is needed for mission crew directly on lunar soil. These technologies are categorized as In-Situ Resources Utilization. Maana Electric is specialized in proposing ISRU solutions for energy and space sector to be implemented for terrestrial and lunar market.
Purpose of the project:
The purpose of the project is Maana Electric’s System Engineering team to develop and propose new ISRU concepts both for Terrestrial and space implementation. The candidate shall actively working with the Engineering team supporting day-by-day activities, including system modelling, budgets definition, requirements management.
The candidate must:
- Master student in Aerospace Engineering or similar with previous experience in R&D projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of CAD (Solidworks is preferred).
- Previous experience in liasoning with national and international space agencies.
- Broad engineering and physics knowledge (mechanical, thermal, electrical, photovoltaics, chemistry). Advanced knowledge of space engineering is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of product development and life cycle. Experience on the job is a plus.
- Very good English verbal and writing skills. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Experience with ISRU is an asset.
- Previous experience in System Engineering and concurrent design process is an asset.
- Be eligible for working in Luxembourg (mandatory).
Starting date: November 2021 or date to agree
Duration of the internship: 6 months (minimum)
For confidentiality, the publication of the contents of the project may be subject to restrictions. If you are interested you can send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “SYS(1)”.
Or apply using the form below.