Space agencies and industries are more and more looking forward to colonize the Moon and other planets and potentially set there permanent outposts for scientific reasons or commercial exploitation. This will most likely require the development of specific technologies that can supply what is needed for mission crew directly on lunar soil. These technologies are categorized as In-Situ Resources Utilization and Maana Electric is currently developing several ISRU concepts at prototype level.
Purpose of the project:
The purpose of the project is to design, manufacture and test one or more ISRU concept prototypes to be potentially employed on the Moon. In order to achieve that, all the environmental conditions on the Moon and the human/system interaction must be understood and addressed in a set of requirements. A dedicated literature review and trade-offs must be performed to properly identify a solution to the problem areas that can be identified in lunar operations of such system.
The candidate must:
- Master student in Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Robotics Engineering or related fields.
- Intermediate knowledge of CAD (Solidworks is preferred).
- Hands-on experience in electrical installations, servicing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of materials and mechanics is appreciated.
- Experience in additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Very good English skills.
- Experience in multiphysics simulation is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrostatic phenomena is an asset.
- Be eligible for working in Luxembourg (mandatory).
Starting date: November 2021 or date to agree
Duration of the internship: 6 months (minimum)
For confidentiality, the publication of the contents of the project may be subject to restrictions. If you are interested you can send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject “ISRU(1)”.
Or apply using the form below.